- 27-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1440 resolution with support for millions of colors
3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 24GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory; four user-accessible SO-DIMM slots
- 1TB (7200-rpm) hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
Video Support and Camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
- Support for Target Display Mode via the Thunderbolt port using a Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Connections and Expansion
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 20.3 inches (51.6 cm)
- Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm)
- Stand depth: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Weight: 21 pounds (9.54 kg)3
The iMac “Core i5” 3.2 27-Inch Aluminum (Late 2013/Haswell) features a 22 nm “Haswell” Quad Core 3.2 GHz Intel “Core i5” (4670) processor with four independent processor cores on a single chip, a 6 MB shared level 3 cache, 8 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-12800) installed in pairs (two 4 GB modules), a 1 TB (7200 RPM) hard drive, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M graphics processor with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory. It also has a built-in “FaceTime HD” webcam and stereo speakers, but lacks an optical drive.
This model has a 27″ 2560×1440 LED-backlit 16:9 widescreen IPS display with the “cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating.” The rear of the case is aluminum and is thicker in the middle and tapers to a razor thin 5 mm at the edges.
Connectivity includes four USB 3.0 ports, dual Thunderbolt ports, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n compatible), and Bluetooth 4.0.
Compared to its predecessor, this model essentially has the same external enclosure, but it has a much more efficient “Fourth Generation” processor and architecture, as well as faster graphics, faster Wi-Fi, and the option of faster storage.